Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Happy Birthday To Me!

So, apparently I turned 22 and got lazier than I was when I was 21. Fun stuff!

Anyway, got up early on my birthday. Went and registered for the two conferences I'm attending here in Washington and then had the day free until about 2:30pm. So, I walked down to the Capitol Building. Somehow it wasn't as impressed as I expected myself to be. Maybe I've just seen too much by now and am just not impressed anymore, I'm not sure. From there, I walked to the National Mall (well, ok, I crossed the street and there I was). I first visited the Air and Space Museum. I thought it would be the most interesting, but actually it was kind of boring. I'm sure Jeremy would have been in seventh heaven there, but I was just kinda wandering around. The one cool thing about that place was that they had a separate exhibit stored there from another museum under renovation called American Treasures. So, I got to see a bunch of cool pop culture type thingies. Anyway, I got bored with that museum pretty quick, so went to the National Museum of Natural History. It was cool, but after seeing all the real animals at the zoo, the stuffed ones just didn't cut it. So, from there, I headed back to the hotel and had about an hour to chill, which I needed after walking for about 5 hours, before my conference started.

Conference started with round table discussions at 2pm. They were very helpful but I wish I could have gone to about 3 more. I know I missed some great discussion. Then we had a quick social for about an hour where I met a few new people.

And that was mostly my day. Just relaxed for the rest of the night and watched a Simpsons marathon.

Anyway, here are my pictures from my b-day!


A picture for Michelle and Dad - John Phillip Sousa's Baton!

OMG! The sign from MASH!!! I saw it! It was right by it! Wheeeeee

This is the world largest crystal with zero imperfections. It's probably...oh, about the size of a volleyball.
The Hope Diamond.

This is some astronauts' mascot stuffed monkey that they took with them to space!


This is the ACTUAL original Wright Brother's plane. I didn't realize it still existed! But it did! The brother's left it to the museum in their estate.

A picture for Jeremy - Kermit the Frog!!

A pic for the brothers - R2D2!!! He's cute in real life too :)

And C3P0!! He's shorter than I expected.

This is some random sculpture from the sculpture garden. If one of my artsy friends could tell me just what the hell it is, that would be helpful.

Sorry, this picture is sideways. Anyway, this is me sitting on some steps in front of the Capitol Building and taking a picture of the view looking down the National Mall.

And here's the Capitol Building.

This is the Museum of American Indians. Architecture look familiar much?

Some random airplanes at the Air and Space Museum.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, the sign from M*A*S*H? I watch that with my dad all the time. And yay star wars droids! Not to mention, happy birthday!
-Joe

Anonymous said...

The sign from M*A*S*H is my favorite too! I'd go to that museum just for that. This 22nd birthay on the 22nd in Washington will be a memorable one for you.

Mom

Cassandra said...

no idea what that random art thinger is. . . just some abstract thing that someone thought would be a good Idea I suppose.

And that bulding, a copy cat? tsk tsk, so dissapointed, most likley the same architect, but still!

Anonymous said...

R2 and 3PO are awesome!