Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Day 2 of being 22

Well, I spent Monday doing conference stuffy stuff. Now, I'm trying to remember back to yesterday and what we did...

Started the day off with breakfast, yum yum. Had quick speeches from all the big wigs at RuffaloCody, including Mr. Ruffalo himself, oooooo.

Had a session on the future of phonathons, which talked a lot about the new PCI requirements, which should be interesting to implement in the upcoming years. Then one guy spoke about how his school has implemented Planned Giving and Major Giving into their calling programs. And then a quick presentation from the support people during which I learned that there is an online support site, which I REALLY wish I had known about.

The afternoon was more sessions. Started with Tricks of the Trade. One of the presenters there was from Texas Tech and I can safely say that I am afraid of that lady. Makes me appreciate Sandy a billion times more than I already do. Then went into information about using Credit Cards with CampusCall. Our CCard provider wasn't on the list, so I went and talked to Bart (not Simpsons, damn) and he had never heard of it either, but wrote it down. Sat down with him and Paul Ruffalo for breakfast today and Paul had heard of it, so that's a good thing.

Then the 2 awesome sessions happened and unfortunately were both cut short :( First was a guy from Wilfrid Laurier who makes me want to go visit his call centre. The stuff he has done is just mind blowing. Then Anthony Arrington, a guy I've had lots of contact with over the last year, but never met did a very good presentation.

In the evening we headed to the International Spy Museum. That place was VERY cool. Unfortunately, they are squares and didn't let us take pictures :( My favourite part was watching the stuff at the end about the spies who've been caught. Really fascinating stuff.

After that, we headed to the Hard Rock Cafe. My first visit to a Hard Rock, so that was cool. And let me tell you, these Americans...they put a LOT of alochol in their drinks. The girl just kept pouring and pouring and pouring the vodka. My jaw dropped.

So yeah, that was my yesterday! I only have one crappy picture of the Hard Rock and I'm too lazy now that I'm 22 to upload it. So, just picture it in your mind. It'll be good for you to use your imagination.

No comments: