Thursday, July 26, 2007

Goodbye Washington

Well, I made it. Just finished my last session with my conference and I fly out in about 8 hours. So, I just need to check out and then somehow amuse myself for about 6 hours and then head on home.

This was a great trip, and I'm glad I came and that I survived it. Gotta say a BIG thanks to Sandy for making it possible for me to come and to Colleen of course who did a lot of the footwork in getting everything ready :)

This is a beautiful city and it was probably a good city to be my first "big city" visit as it's easy to get around (except for that one dumbass cab driver) and hard to get lost.

Overall, the biggest thing I got out of this trip was the realization that I really, really want to go visit my own nation's capital, Ottawa. It's really great seeing the pride the US has in its capital, and it's time I went and saw my own.

One last picture. This was probably a pivotal moment for me. This was last night, on my last night in Washington. This was my view sitting on the steps of the Lincoln memorial. It was kind of my time to sit and reflect on my trip and where I was and just kind of be wowed. The view is spectacular and when you sit and think of all the history that happened on the steps, it's just incredible. Like I said, I'm glad I came, it was a good trip, and to all my US friends - you can be proud of your country.

No comments: