Thursday, October 21, 2010

Blog Revival

Blog revival time! Haven't used this one in a while - to be specific, not since I visited my internet friends in Ontario. Since I'm doing that exact same thing this time again, it seems a fitting time to revive the blog!

So, I'm in Toronto to meet up with Kaitlyn and, for reasons that are beyond me, climb the CN Tower.

Grabbed a plane from Regina this morning. Got to the airport much too early. Wasn't checking any luggage, so just had to go through security once I got there. Reading my blog from my last Ontario trip, it seems I spent my airport time watching the coverage of the Benazir Butto assassination. This time I spent my time watching the coverage of the sentencing of Russell Williams - former Canadian Military officer. When big events are going on in the world, such as the recent Chilean mine rescue, I really just want to stay home from work and watch the news all day.

Anyway, flight arrived on time and boarding was quick. I'm brilliant when it comes to seat selection. I found a row where someone had taken the aisle seat, but the other two were free. So, logically, that's a single person travelling alone. I took the window seat there b/c anyone would pick the middle seat absolutely last. And lo and behold - nobody took that seat! Extra room!

Got myself to Toronto and found my ride into the city. I just booked a shuttle bus that took me to a drop off point near my B&B. Riding in on the bus, the CN Tower kept getting bigger and bigger and bigger. And I'm thinking, "Oh my god, what am I getting myself into!?" That thing is HUGE!! We don't have things that big in Saskatchewan! Not even near!! Anyway, thank god there are no windows, so I can just climb and forget how high I'm getting, haha.

Finally got to my dropoff location and started walking to my B&B. Now, I can't say this is the nicest neighbourhood I've ever seen. I don't know that there are any "nice" neighbourhoods here in the way I'd classify a nice neighbourhood in Regina. Those are probably out in the suburbs somewhere. I'm sure there's suburbs around here. Are there suburbs around here? Anyway, I did make a joke to my mom about how I could have stayed in a hotel above a strip club. Well, turns out that strip club is just a few blocks away and is actually closer to downtown than this place! That gives you an idea of the neighbourhood.

I have to say my first impression of Toronto is that it's a lot like NYC. And I didn't like NYC. So, we'll see how this goes.

Finally found my B&B. As usual, pictures make it look nicer. It's definitely a character home. A new experience for me for sure! I think it'll be a bit more fun once Kaitlyn gets here! Anyway, once morning hits, I'm off to go be a tourist, so I won't spend all my time here anyway! And the guy who runs the place is really nice. Anyway, it's only for 4 nights so it'll be ok. The internet works great and everybody seems to have a great review for the place!

Anyway, I'll leave it at that for now. I'm going to grab all these pamphlets and plan a few sightseeing things tomorrow. Here's some pictures for now though!

Vanity in my room:

Another view of my room:

Cool lamp in my room:

Partner lamp:

View from the airplane over some cool clouds:

2 comments:

Mom said...

So I'm not the only Pilon to take cloud pictures - lol. What about your PEI blog - eagerly read by many I assure you. Keep safe!!

Kitty said...

Should have swiped that lamp!